Molecular sieves are synthetically made zeolites, which are having definite pores and uniform dimension cavities. It has three-dimensional structures of silicon dioxide (Sio2) and aluminum oxide (AlO4), which is internally connected. Molecular sieve 13X is the sodium form of the type X crystal which has a larger pore size than other types of A crystalline form that is 3A, 4A and 5A and has a pore diameter of 10A° (1.0nm). It will adsorb molecules with a kinetic pore diameter of less than 10 Angstrom and exclude those larger.
- Used for industrial natural gases, including CO2, H2S, O2, H2, NH3, etc. absorb the drying water and moisture apart from these types of gases.
- Used in mercaptan removal
- Catalyst carrying
- Air compressor systems
- Solvent (liquid) purification
- Drying of sulfurated hydrogen
- Separation of carbon dioxide, oxygen, and water from the air